Who we are
Life Radio UK is a Christian Radio Station broadcasting on DAB Radio and the internet – our website address is: https://www.liferadio.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Comments – When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form.
- Subscriber data – If you are a Subscriber, we will collect your name and email address and will use this to send you periodic emails about our programmes and services.
- Listener data – if you listen via the web player, or the mobile App, we collect listener data to establish how many people are listening during a specific hour, or across a date range. We also use the data to establish the countries in which we have listeners.
- Prayer and song requests – We use the data supplied via the online form, or WhatsApp to mention the requestor and request on air.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
- We will never sell or share your personal or special category data to any other organisation or person.
- We keep your personal or special category data as highlighted above if you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained for 36 months. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- We review the personal and special category data we hold and delete user information if there has been no activity for the last 36 months.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Our contact information
Life Radio UK
207 Oldbrook Boulevard
Milton Keynes MK6 2QB
How we protect your data
We make it our priority to safeguard your personal and special category data and check our security systems every [time line] to ensure when using our website your personal and special category data is kept safe. We limit our web administrator access ensuring that access it limited only to the specific tasks that ensure your data is kept safe. We follow the Information Commissioner’s Office guidance to ensure we are compliant with statutory obligations. We are also compliant with the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We have a Data Protection Policy in place, and it is reviewed annually.
What third parties we receive data from
Third-party applications such as the embedded You Tube players do access viewer details but we do not have access to such data.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We do not engage any automated decision making applications.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
We will comply with the Information Commissioner’s Office guideline described here – https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/