Life Radio UK – Complaints Procedure
Life Radio UK is committed to providing inspiring radio broadcasts for our listeners and working in an open and accountable way that builds trust and respect. Our audience is our most valuable asset and their engagement with the station is the best barometer of our effectiveness. With this in mind we want to respond positively to complaints, and by putting mistakes right.
- Make the complaint process as easy as possible
- Treat your complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service
- Deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially
- Respond appropriately – for example, with an explanation, or an apology
- Use any complaint to improve our service
- Make your complaint promptly and in writing
- Explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any date, programme, or presenter name
- Allow us time to investigate fully and respond
Formal Complaints Procedure
If you hear something that causes an offence, you should send a formal email to our COMPLAINTS EMAIL. In your email, you should set out the details of your complaint, the consequences for you, and the remedy you are seeking. Your complaint will be acknowledged immediately, and the next steps outlined.
Your complaint will be reviewed, and you can expect a response within 15 working days, from our Chief Executive Officer. If we are not able to meet that deadline, we will contact you and ask for an extension. Our intention is to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction. This, could take various forms, including an on-air acknowledgement, apology, and clarification.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you should escalate the matter to the UK Communications Regulator, Ofcom. Their details are listed below.
Telephone: 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040